What do I need to do in preparation for my test?Updated 7 months ago
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IN PREPARATION FOR MY TEST?
All InsideTracker blood tests require a 12 hour fast immediately preceding the test. Home Kit users may fast anywhere from 10-12 hours.
In addition to your fast, please:
- Do not engage in strenuous exercise for two days before the blood test. Beginner weight-lifters should avoid weightlifting for at least 7 days before their InsideTracker blood test.
- Do not drink any alcohol for at least 24 hours before the InsideTracker blood test.
- Do not take supplements within 24 hours of your blood draw.
- Continue medication use as recommended by your physician.
- Drink extra water before the blood test to ensure proper hydration.
- Bring your printed lab slip and photo ID to any tests conducted at Quest Diagnostics.
Was this article helpful?