How do I prepare for my blood test?Updated 7 months ago
All InsideTracker blood tests require a 12-hour fast immediately preceding the test.In addition to your fast, please:
For Mobile Blood Draw (our at-home or at-office option):Prepare for your test in the same manner outlined above, per the instructions emailed to you. An examiner will come to your home or office at your scheduled time. The appointment typically takes no more than 10 minutes.
- Do not engage in strenuous exercise for 48 hours before the blood test. Beginner weight-lifters should avoid lifting for at least 7 days before their InsideTracker blood test.
- Do not drink any alcohol for at least 24 hours before the InsideTracker blood test.
- Drink extra water before the blood test to ensure proper hydration.
- Bring your photo ID to any tests conducted at Quest Diagnostics (InnerAge, Foundation, Ultimate).
- We recommend not drinking any alcohol or taking any supplements for at least 24 hours before the InsideTracker blood test. If you are taking Biotin please stop this supplement at least 72 hours prior to your test. Please continue taking medications based on guidance from your physician.
- It is now Optional to bring your lab slip to Quest, you may still print it out and bring with you to the lab but it is no longer necessary. When you Activate your order, it will go directly to Quest.
For Blood Tests:
Please plan to test in the morning to ensure the most accurate cortisol level results.
Was this article helpful?