All InsideTracker blood tests require a 12-hour fast immediately preceding the test. Advanced Home Kit users may fast anywhere from 10-12 hours(black ☕ is ok).In addition to your fast, please:
For Mobile Blood Draw (our at-home or at-office option):Prepare for your test in the same manner outlined above, per the instructions emailed to you. An examiner will come to your home or office at your scheduled time. The appointment typically takes no more than 10 minutes.For Advanced Home Kit:Please carefully read and follow the instructions in the kit you received, as they are unique to this particular test.
- Do not engage in strenuous exercise for two days before the blood test. Beginner weight-lifters should avoid lifting for at least 7 days before their InsideTracker blood test.
- Do not drink any alcohol for at least 24 hours before the InsideTracker blood test.
- Drink extra water before the blood test to ensure proper hydration.
- Bring your printed lab slip and photo ID to any tests conducted at Quest Diagnostics (InnerAge, Vitality, Essentials, High Performance, or Ultimate).
- We recommend not drinking any alcohol or taking any supplements for at least 24 hours before the InsideTracker blood test. If you are taking Biotin please stop this supplement at least 72 hours prior to your test. Please continue taking medications based on guidance from your physician.
Please plan to test in the morning to ensure the most accurate cortisol level results.